The Finnish Association of Technology Journalists, Presstek ry, is a national organization, founded in 1978. The Association’s objectives include:
- acting as a collaborative body for technology journalists,
- improving the quality of technical writing and communication about matters related to technology,
- widening people’s awareness of technological developments.
In order to reach these objectives the Association
- promotes activities such as publishing, training and other areas of technology journalism,
- organises events, presentations, meetings, excursions and informal gatherings,
- acts as a body representing technology journalists in Finland as well as outside Finland,
- proposes initiatives concerning publishing and editorial work and
- acts as a consultant and issues statements related to topical matters in its sector.
Presstek is entitled to receive contributions, grants and gifts to support its activities.